What is Todoist
Todoist stands out in the productivity tool landscape with its straightforward yet powerful approach to task management. Renowned for its clean design and user-friendly interface, Todoist simplifies the process of managing daily tasks and long-term projects. It allows users to create, organize, and prioritize tasks with ease, making it an ideal choice for individuals and teams alike. With features like recurring tasks, reminders, and progress tracking, Todoist effectively helps users stay on top of their responsibilities.
Key Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Create, track, and complete tasks with Todoist. Set deadlines, priorities, and reminders for each task.
- Project Organization: Group your tasks into different projects like work, personal, or travel plans. Break them down into smaller subtasks and sections for better organization.
- Labels and Filters: Use labels to categorize your tasks. Filters help you find tasks quickly, like those due today or high-priority ones.
- Recurring Tasks: Set up tasks that repeat regularly, like daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Team Collaboration: Share projects with others, assign tasks, and work together within the app.
- Works Everywhere and Easy to Use: Use Todoist on web browsers, desktops (Windows, macOS), and mobile apps (iOS, Android). The interface is simple, making it easy to start using right away.
What is Monday.com
Monday.com is a comprehensive project management software suitable for teams larger than five members. It offers a customizable workspace with a variety of views such as kanban, chart, table, timeline, and dashboard, making it adaptable to different team needs. The platform is known for its project management views, ease of setup, and time-saving templates. It also integrates with various third-party tools and features automation to streamline workflows. However, it has a learning curve and limited dashboard features in basic plans. Pricing varies based on the WorkOS option chosen and team size.
Key Features of Monday.com
- Customizable Workspaces: Monday.com allows users to tailor their workspace with various views like kanban, charts, tables, and timelines, catering to diverse team requirements. This customization aids in visualizing projects in a way that best suits the team’s workflow.
- Project Management Views: The platform offers a range of project management views, enabling teams to track progress effectively. This feature ensures that all team members are on the same page and can easily understand the status of different tasks.
- Ease of Setup: Monday.com is designed for a quick and easy setup process. This feature is particularly beneficial for teams looking to implement a project management tool without a prolonged or complicated initiation phase.
- Time-Saving Templates: The platform provides a variety of templates that can save time during project setup. These templates are designed to cater to different project types and workflows, enabling teams to get started quickly.
- Third-Party Integrations: Monday.com integrates seamlessly with a range of external tools, enhancing its functionality and allowing teams to connect their existing software ecosystems for a more streamlined workflow.
- Automation Features: Automation in Monday.com helps in reducing repetitive tasks, allowing teams to focus more on critical aspects of their projects. This feature streamlines workflows and increases efficiency.
Todoist vs Monday.com: Features
|IFTTT, Alexa, Google Calendar, Slack, Gmail, Zapier, Fantastical, Outlook, Chrome, Trello Power-Up
|Slack, Microsoft Teams, GitHub, GitLab, Gmail, and Outlook
|No Calendar View
|Android, iOS, iPad, macOS, Windows, Android Wear, and Apple Watch
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, and Windows
|Labels, Filters, Priority levels, Recurring tasks
|Task Creating, Subtasks, Prioritization, Custom Labels and Tags, Time Tracking, Task Templates, Automations, File Management, Collaboration Tools
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
|Monday.com’s pricing ranges from a free plan for basic use to an enterprise plan with custom pricing, including intermediate options starting from $9 per seat/month, each offering different features and capabilities.
Todoist vs Monday.com: Pricing
(i) Free Version: Suitable for basic task management needs.
(ii) Pro Plan: Typically priced around $3 to $5 per month when billed annually.
(iii) Business Plan: Generally costs about $5 to $10 per user per month when billed annually.
Todoist offers a flexible pricing model catering to a range of users, from individuals to business teams. The free version is a major draw for users with basic requirements.
Monday.com offers several pricing plans:
(i) Free: Aimed at individuals, offering basic features with up to 2 seats.
(ii) Basic: Starts at $9 per seat/month, providing more storage and customer support, suitable for managing team work.
(iii) Standard: At $12 per seat/month, this popular plan includes timeline and Gantt views, calendar view, guest access, and more automations and integrations.
(iv) Pro: Priced at $19 per seat/month, designed for streamlining complex workflows with additional features like time tracking and advanced integrations.
(v) Enterprise: Custom pricing, offering advanced features for larger organizations, including enhanced security and governance.
Each plan is billed annually, and they offer additional functionalities and storage as the plan level increases.
Todoist vs Monday.com: Reviews
Todoist is acclaimed for its simple interface and cross-platform availability, featuring automatic data backup, productivity reports, and customizable tasks. It’s ideal for both teams and individuals, with integrations like Outlook and Google Calendar. However, managing sub-projects and sub-tasks can be challenging, and its template feature may lack intuitiveness. The Karma feature, aiming to gamify productivity, might instead lead to excessive app usage. These aspects could deter users with specific workflow needs, making Todoist a less suitable option for them.
Monday.com is praised for its user-friendly interface and wide range of customizable features, making it a versatile tool for project management. It offers various views like Kanban and Gantt, aiding in effective project tracking. However, it does have a learning curve and some users find the dashboard features limited, especially in basic plans. Its pricing can be a bit high for smaller teams, and the numerous options and customizations might be overwhelming for new users.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Todoist if
- You have Basic to Moderate Task Management Needs: If your task management needs are straightforward or moderate, Todoist’s features will likely suffice.
- You Are Looking for Flexibility in Pricing: Todoist offers a free version and reasonably priced Pro and Business plans, making it accessible for a range of budgets.
- You Need a User-Friendly and Simple Interface: If you prefer simplicity and ease of use, Todoist’s straightforward and intuitive interface might be more appealing.
Consider Monday.com if
- You Value Customizable Workspaces: Monday.com is a good choice if you need a project management tool that can be tailored to your specific workflow, offering various views and customization options.
- Integration is a Priority: It’s suitable if your projects benefit from integrating with other apps, as Monday.com offers numerous third-party integrations.
- You Need Basic Project Management Features: While it provides essential project management functionalities, be aware that some advanced features might be limited in the basic plans.
Best Todoist and Monday.com Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Things 3: Things by Cultured Code is a sleek task manager for Apple devices. It offers intuitive organization for personal tasks and projects, featuring to-do lists, schedules, and reminders, all within an elegant interface. This app is designed for seamless integration with Apple’s ecosystem.
Things 3 Price: One Time Payment at $50
- TickTick: TickTick is an all-in-one task management and reminder app, offering features like task organization, habit tracking, and calendar views. It’s designed for personal and work use, facilitating productivity with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility. TickTick also includes collaboration tools for team projects.
TickTick Price: $3 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.