What is Todoist
Todoist stands out in the productivity tool landscape with its straightforward yet powerful approach to task management. Renowned for its clean design and user-friendly interface, Todoist simplifies the process of managing daily tasks and long-term projects. It allows users to create, organize, and prioritize tasks with ease, making it an ideal choice for individuals and teams alike. With features like recurring tasks, reminders, and progress tracking, Todoist effectively helps users stay on top of their responsibilities.
Key Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Create, track, and complete tasks with Todoist. Set deadlines, priorities, and reminders for each task.
- Project Organization: Group your tasks into different projects like work, personal, or travel plans. Break them down into smaller subtasks and sections for better organization.
- Labels and Filters: Use labels to categorize your tasks. Filters help you find tasks quickly, like those due today or high-priority ones.
- Recurring Tasks: Set up tasks that repeat regularly, like daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Team Collaboration: Share projects with others, assign tasks, and work together within the app.
- Works Everywhere and Easy to Use: Use Todoist on web browsers, desktops (Windows, macOS), and mobile apps (iOS, Android). The interface is simple, making it easy to start using right away.
What is Any.do
Any.do is a to-do list app that integrates a calendar and to-do list, ideal for managing tasks and calendar events in one place. It’s user-friendly, designed for checklist management, task organization, and calendar integration. Any.do also experiments with AI features. The app is available on multiple platforms including Web, iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows. It’s recommended for those seeking an easy-to-use tool for task management, and it’s suitable for beginners.
Key Features of Any.do
- Task Management: Any.do excels in organizing tasks. It allows users to create, categorize, and prioritize tasks, making it easy to keep track of what needs to be done. Its intuitive interface simplifies task management, even for complex projects.
- Calendar Integration: The app seamlessly integrates with calendars, providing a unified view of tasks and events. This feature is essential for planning and ensures users don’t miss important deadlines or appointments.
- Cross-Platform Accessibility: Any.do is available on multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, web, and desktop. This makes it highly accessible and ensures that users can manage their tasks and calendars from any device.
- Voice Entry and AI Features: The app supports voice entry, allowing users to add tasks hands-free. Additionally, it is experimenting with AI features to enhance user experience and task management efficiency.
- Customizable Reminders: Users can set up customizable reminders for tasks. This feature helps in ensuring that important tasks are not forgotten and aids in effective time management.
- Collaboration Tools: Any.do includes features for sharing tasks and lists with others, making it a good tool for collaborative projects. This functionality is beneficial for teams and individuals who work in collaborative environments.
Todoist vs Any.do: Features
|IFTTT, Alexa, Google Calendar, Slack, Gmail, Zapier, Fantastical, Outlook, Chrome, Trello Power-Up
|WhatsApp, Zapier, Gmail, Slack, Siri & Apple Reminders, and Smart Watch
|No Calendar View
|Android, iOS, iPad, macOS, Windows, Android Wear, and Apple Watch
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, Windows
|Labels, Filters, Priority levels, Recurring tasks
|Creating tasks, setting due dates, adding reminders, organizing tasks into lists, attaching files, and sharing tasks with others
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
|Free version for basic task management and a Premium version at $36 per year
Todoist vs Any.do: Pricing
(i) Free Version: Suitable for basic task management needs.
(ii) Pro Plan: Typically priced around $3 to $5 per month when billed annually.
(iii) Business Plan: Generally costs about $5 to $10 per user per month when billed annually.
Todoist offers a flexible pricing model catering to a range of users, from individuals to business teams. The free version is a major draw for users with basic requirements.
Any.do offers a free version and two paid versions: Premium and Teams.
(i) The free version allows basic task organization and syncing across devices but lacks third-party app integrations.
(ii) The Premium version, priced at $36 per year, includes features like recurring tasks, location and WhatsApp reminders, task color-tagging, and integration with over 5,000 third-party apps.
(iii) The Teams plan, at $60 per year, adds unlimited boards and team members, collaborative workspace, kanban boards, and advanced admin tools.
A 48-hour money-back guarantee is available for paid plans.
Todoist vs Any.do: Reviews
Todoist is acclaimed for its simple interface and cross-platform availability, featuring automatic data backup, productivity reports, and customizable tasks. It’s ideal for both teams and individuals, with integrations like Outlook and Google Calendar. However, managing sub-projects and sub-tasks can be challenging, and its template feature may lack intuitiveness. The Karma feature, aiming to gamify productivity, might instead lead to excessive app usage. These aspects could deter users with specific workflow needs, making Todoist a less suitable option for them.
Any.do is praised for its intuitive interface and flexibility in managing tasks and to-do lists, making it a popular choice for personal and professional use. Its integration capabilities with other platforms and tools enhance its functionality. However, some users find its features limited compared to more robust project management tools. Additionally, the premium version might be necessary for accessing all features, which could be a consideration for those on a budget.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Todoist if
- You have Basic to Moderate Task Management Needs: If your task management needs are straightforward or moderate, Todoist’s features will likely suffice.
- You Are Looking for Flexibility in Pricing: Todoist offers a free version and reasonably priced Pro and Business plans, making it accessible for a range of budgets.
- You Need a User-Friendly and Simple Interface: If you prefer simplicity and ease of use, Todoist’s straightforward and intuitive interface might be more appealing.
Consider Any.do if
- You Seek a Simple Task Manager: Any.do is suitable for those who need a straightforward, easy-to-use task management tool without overly complex features.
- Integration with Daily Tools is Key: If integrating with everyday applications like calendars and email is crucial for your workflow, Any.do’s basic integration capabilities can be beneficial.
- You Value Cross-Platform Accessibility: Ideal for users who require a task manager accessible across various devices, although some may find its synchronization less robust compared to more advanced tools.
Best Todoist and Any.do Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Things 3: Things by Cultured Code is a sleek task manager for Apple devices. It offers intuitive organization for personal tasks and projects, featuring to-do lists, schedules, and reminders, all within an elegant interface. This app is designed for seamless integration with Apple’s ecosystem.
Things 3 Price: One Time Payment at $50
- TickTick: TickTick is an all-in-one task management and reminder app, offering features like task organization, habit tracking, and calendar views. It’s designed for personal and work use, facilitating productivity with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility. TickTick also includes collaboration tools for team projects.
TickTick Price: $3 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.