What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
What is Todoist
Todoist stands out in the productivity tool landscape with its straightforward yet powerful approach to task management. Renowned for its clean design and user-friendly interface, Todoist simplifies the process of managing daily tasks and long-term projects. It allows users to create, organize, and prioritize tasks with ease, making it an ideal choice for individuals and teams alike. With features like recurring tasks, reminders, and progress tracking, Todoist effectively helps users stay on top of their responsibilities.
Key Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Create, track, and complete tasks with Todoist. Set deadlines, priorities, and reminders for each task.
- Project Organization: Group your tasks into different projects like work, personal, or travel plans. Break them down into smaller subtasks and sections for better organization.
- Labels and Filters: Use labels to categorize your tasks. Filters help you find tasks quickly, like those due today or high-priority ones.
- Recurring Tasks: Set up tasks that repeat regularly, like daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Team Collaboration: Share projects with others, assign tasks, and work together within the app.
- Works Everywhere and Easy to Use: Use Todoist on web browsers, desktops (Windows, macOS), and mobile apps (iOS, Android). The interface is simple, making it easy to start using right away.
Things 3 vs Todoist: Features
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|IFTTT, Alexa, Google Calendar, Slack, Gmail, Zapier, Fantastical, Outlook, Chrome, Trello Power-Up
|No built-in calendar
|No Calendar View
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|Android, iOS, iPad, macOS, Windows, Android Wear, and Apple Watch
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Labels, Filters, Priority levels, Recurring tasks
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|One Time Payment at $50
|Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Things 3 vs Todoist: Pricing
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
(i) Free Version: Suitable for basic task management needs.
(ii) Pro Plan: Typically priced around $3 to $5 per month when billed annually.
(iii) Business Plan: Generally costs about $5 to $10 per user per month when billed annually.
Todoist offers a flexible pricing model catering to a range of users, from individuals to business teams. The free version is a major draw for users with basic requirements.
Things 3 vs Todoist: Review
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Todoist is acclaimed for its simple interface and cross-platform availability, featuring automatic data backup, productivity reports, and customizable tasks. It’s ideal for both teams and individuals, with integrations like Outlook and Google Calendar. However, managing sub-projects and sub-tasks can be challenging, and its template feature may lack intuitiveness. The Karma feature, aiming to gamify productivity, might instead lead to excessive app usage. These aspects could deter users with specific workflow needs, making Todoist a less suitable option for them.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Consider Todoist if
- You have Basic to Moderate Task Management Needs: If your task management needs are straightforward or moderate, Todoist’s features will likely suffice.
- You Are Looking for Flexibility in Pricing: Todoist offers a free version and reasonably priced Pro and Business plans, making it accessible for a range of budgets.
- You Need a User-Friendly and Simple Interface: If you prefer simplicity and ease of use, Todoist’s straightforward and intuitive interface might be more appealing.
For an alternative daily planning app, consider Akiflow. It provides various features that Things 3 or Todoist might not have, while maintaining an interface for efficient task management. See if Akiflow meets your planning needs and explore its unique features today.
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.