What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
What is Sorted 3
Sorted 3 is a task management application known for its efficient scheduling and time management capabilities. It allows users to organize tasks and sub-tasks, set reminders, and categorize them for better management. A notable feature is its time-blocking technique, which lets users allocate specific time slots for tasks, aiding in daily planning. The app also prioritizes tasks based on urgency and importance. While Sorted 3 excels in task organization and planning, it may not offer the depth required for more complex project management. It’s available on iOS and macOS, with pricing for extra features.
Key Features of Sorted 3
- Auto-Schedule: Automatically schedules tasks based on priorities and deadlines, helping users manage their time efficiently.
- Time Blocking: Allows for allocating specific time slots to tasks, aiding in maintaining focus and productivity.
- Hyper Scheduling: Combines calendar events and tasks in one view, offering a comprehensive overview of the day’s agenda.
- Task Management: Includes features for organizing tasks, setting reminders, and creating sub-tasks, making it versatile for various needs.
- Magic Select: Facilitates easy selection and manipulation of multiple tasks at once, enhancing user experience in task management.
- Customizable Views: Offers different views like list, day, and 3-day views, catering to personal preferences in organizing and viewing tasks.
Things 3 vs Sorted 3: Features
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|No built-in calendar
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Auto-scheduling, time blocking, task prioritization
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|One Time Payment at $50
|$15: iOS, and $25: MacOS
Things 3 vs Sorted 3: Pricing
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
Sorted 3 Pricing
Sorted 3 offers two pricing tiers:
(i) Free Version: Provides access to core features of the app.
(ii) Pro Version: Available for iOS at $14.99 and for macOS at $24.99
Things 3 vs Sorted 3: Reviews
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Sorted 3 Review
Sorted 3 is a task management app that excels in auto-scheduling, time-blocking, and prioritizing tasks, making it efficient for daily planning. It integrates tasks, calendar events, and notes into a unified timeline, which is helpful for managing a busy schedule. However, it may fall short for users looking for more advanced project management features or those who prefer extensive integrations with third-party apps. Available on iOS and macOS, Sorted 3’s interface is user-friendly but might not cater to all user preferences in terms of customization.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Consider Sorted 3 if
- You Need Basic Task Management: If you’re looking for a simple tool to manage daily tasks with features like auto-scheduling and time-blocking, Sorted 3 could be suitable. However, it may not be ideal for complex project management.
- You Prefer an Integrated Calendar View: Sorted 3 is good for those who want to view tasks and calendar events together, though its calendar functionalities are basic compared to specialized calendar apps.
- You Use iOS or macOS: Sorted 3 works well for Apple device users, offering synchronization between iOS and macOS, but lacks support for other platforms like Android or Windows.
Best Things 3 and Sorted 3 Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- TickTick: TickTick is an all-in-one task management and reminder app, offering features like task organization, habit tracking, and calendar views. It’s designed for personal and work use, facilitating productivity with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility. TickTick also includes collaboration tools for team projects.
TickTick Price: $3 per month, paid annually
- Todoist: Todoist is a task management tool. It enables users to manage tasks, set priorities, and track deadlines across various devices. Its features include task categorization, reminders, and project collaboration, making it suitable for both personal and team productivity.
Todoist Price: Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.