What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
What is Notion Calendar
The Notion Calendar, previously known as Cron Calendar, is a calendar application designed for managing meetings and events. It integrates closely with Notion documents, allowing users to connect their Google calendars, schedule meetings, manage events, and collaborate on upcoming events. It supports video conferencing links for platforms like Zoom and Google Meet, offers color coding for time blocking, and has deep integrations with Notion databases.
Key Features of Notion Calendar
- Google Calendar Integration: This feature allows users to seamlessly connect their Google Calendar with Notion, enabling efficient management of events and meetings within a unified interface. It simplifies scheduling and updating events across platforms.
- Meeting Booking Functionality: Notion Calendar offers a user-friendly interface for scheduling meetings. This includes options for setting up recurring meetings, sending invitations, and managing RSVPs, streamlining the meeting planning process.
- Notion Page Connectivity: Users can link calendar events to specific Notion pages, facilitating better organization and access to related notes, tasks, or documents associated with an event. This integration enhances productivity and project management.
- Video Conferencing Integration: The calendar supports adding video conferencing links from popular platforms like Zoom and Google Meet directly into event details. This feature is particularly useful for remote teams and virtual meetings, offering convenience and efficiency.
- Color Coding and Time Blocking: Notion Calendar allows users to color code their events for better visual organization. The time blocking feature helps in allocating specific time slots for tasks, aiding in time management and daily planning.
- Cross-Platform Availability: It is accessible on various platforms including iOS, Windows, Mac, and the web. This cross-platform availability ensures users can manage their calendars and stay organized regardless of the device they are using.
Things 3 vs Notion Calendar: Features
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|Notion, Zoom, Google Calendar
|No built-in calendar
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, Windows
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|One Time Payment at $50
Things 3 vs Notion Calendar: Pricing
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
Notion Calendar Pricing
Notion Calendar is free to use for Notion users
Things 3 vs Notion Calendar: Reviews
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Notion Calendar Review
The Notion Calendar, previously known as Cron Calendar, is appreciated for its seamless integration with Google Calendar and its ability to manage events alongside Notion project timelines. It’s praised for its intuitive scheduling features, support for different time zones, and a modern, clean design. However, some users might find limitations in advanced features like detailed task analytics or the lack of more diverse integrations beyond Google services. It’s suitable for both personal and professional use but might require additional tools for more complex task management needs.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Consider Notion Calendar if
- You Value Google Calendar Integration: If syncing with Google Calendar is central to your workflow, Notion Calendar’s integration can streamline your scheduling process, although it may lack variety in other third-party integrations.
- You Utilize Notion for Project Management: The calendar is beneficial for those already using Notion for project management, but it might not offer the depth required for more complex task management outside the Notion ecosystem.
- You Prefer a Clean, Minimalist Design: Its straightforward and clean design is ideal for users seeking simplicity, but it may not satisfy those needing more intricate or customizable scheduling features.
Best Things 3 and Notion Calendar Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- TickTick: TickTick is an all-in-one task management and reminder app, offering features like task organization, habit tracking, and calendar views. It’s designed for personal and work use, facilitating productivity with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility. TickTick also includes collaboration tools for team projects.
TickTick Price: $3 per month, paid annually
- Todoist: Todoist is a task management tool. It enables users to manage tasks, set priorities, and track deadlines across various devices. Its features include task categorization, reminders, and project collaboration, making it suitable for both personal and team productivity.
Todoist Price: Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.