What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
What is Monday.com
Monday.com is a comprehensive project management software suitable for teams larger than five members. It offers a customizable workspace with a variety of views such as kanban, chart, table, timeline, and dashboard, making it adaptable to different team needs. The platform is known for its project management views, ease of setup, and time-saving templates. It also integrates with various third-party tools and features automation to streamline workflows. However, it has a learning curve and limited dashboard features in basic plans. Pricing varies based on the WorkOS option chosen and team size.
Key Features of Monday.com
- Customizable Workspaces: Monday.com allows users to tailor their workspace with various views like kanban, charts, tables, and timelines, catering to diverse team requirements. This customization aids in visualizing projects in a way that best suits the team’s workflow.
- Project Management Views: The platform offers a range of project management views, enabling teams to track progress effectively. This feature ensures that all team members are on the same page and can easily understand the status of different tasks.
- Ease of Setup: Monday.com is designed for a quick and easy setup process. This feature is particularly beneficial for teams looking to implement a project management tool without a prolonged or complicated initiation phase.
- Time-Saving Templates: The platform provides a variety of templates that can save time during project setup. These templates are designed to cater to different project types and workflows, enabling teams to get started quickly.
- Third-Party Integrations: Monday.com integrates seamlessly with a range of external tools, enhancing its functionality and allowing teams to connect their existing software ecosystems for a more streamlined workflow.
- Automation Features: Automation in Monday.com helps in reducing repetitive tasks, allowing teams to focus more on critical aspects of their projects. This feature streamlines workflows and increases efficiency.
Things 3 vs Monday.com: Features
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|Slack, Microsoft Teams, GitHub, GitLab, Gmail, and Outlook
|No built-in calendar
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, and Windows
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Task Creating, Subtasks, Prioritization, Custom Labels and Tags, Time Tracking, Task Templates, Automations, File Management, Collaboration Tools
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|One Time Payment at $50
|Monday.com’s pricing ranges from a free plan for basic use to an enterprise plan with custom pricing, including intermediate options starting from $9 per seat/month, each offering different features and capabilities.
Things 3 vs Monday.com: Pricing
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
Monday.com offers several pricing plans:
(i) Free: Aimed at individuals, offering basic features with up to 2 seats.
(ii) Basic: Starts at $9 per seat/month, providing more storage and customer support, suitable for managing team work.
(iii) Standard: At $12 per seat/month, this popular plan includes timeline and Gantt views, calendar view, guest access, and more automations and integrations.
(iv) Pro: Priced at $19 per seat/month, designed for streamlining complex workflows with additional features like time tracking and advanced integrations.
(v) Enterprise: Custom pricing, offering advanced features for larger organizations, including enhanced security and governance.
Each plan is billed annually, and they offer additional functionalities and storage as the plan level increases.
Things 3 vs Monday.com: Reviews
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Monday.com is praised for its user-friendly interface and wide range of customizable features, making it a versatile tool for project management. It offers various views like Kanban and Gantt, aiding in effective project tracking. However, it does have a learning curve and some users find the dashboard features limited, especially in basic plans. Its pricing can be a bit high for smaller teams, and the numerous options and customizations might be overwhelming for new users.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Consider Monday.com if
- You Value Customizable Workspaces: Monday.com is a good choice if you need a project management tool that can be tailored to your specific workflow, offering various views and customization options.
- Integration is a Priority: It’s suitable if your projects benefit from integrating with other apps, as Monday.com offers numerous third-party integrations.
- You Need Basic Project Management Features: While it provides essential project management functionalities, be aware that some advanced features might be limited in the basic plans.
Best Things 3 and Monday.com Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- TickTick: TickTick is an all-in-one task management and reminder app, offering features like task organization, habit tracking, and calendar views. It’s designed for personal and work use, facilitating productivity with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility. TickTick also includes collaboration tools for team projects.
TickTick Price: $3 per month, paid annually
- Todoist: Todoist is a task management tool. It enables users to manage tasks, set priorities, and track deadlines across various devices. Its features include task categorization, reminders, and project collaboration, making it suitable for both personal and team productivity.
Todoist Price: Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.