What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
What is Clickup
ClickUp is a project management software that stands out for its customizability and flexibility. It’s designed to accommodate both small and large teams, offering an all-in-one productivity tool for effective collaboration and time management. ClickUp is praised for its hierarchy system that includes spaces, folders, and lists, enhancing task organization and real-time communication through comments and chats. It offers a variety of views like Calendar, Board, and Box, along with real-time collaboration features, task automation, and an extensive range of ClickApps for customization.
Key Features of Clickup
- Real-time Collaboration: ClickUp supports team collaboration with features like a whiteboard, comments, chat, and more, enabling efficient real-time communication and idea sharing.
- Customizable Task Management (ClickApps): The platform offers a wide range of ClickApps, similar to add-ons, that allow users to tailor the task management experience to their specific needs, enhancing flexibility and organization.
- Diverse Viewing Options: Users can choose from various views like Calendar, Board, and Box, providing multiple perspectives for managing workspaces and tasks, ensuring that teams can work in the way that suits them best.
- Task Automation: Regular tasks can be automated in ClickUp, saving time and boosting productivity. This feature is especially beneficial for repetitive or routine tasks, streamlining workflow efficiency.
- Comprehensive Dashboard: ClickUp’s dashboard provides a clear overview of projects, including task tracking, goal setting, and team performance insights, helping in effective project management and decision-making.
- Time Tracking Tools: The platform includes time tracking tools that allow for setting estimated times for tasks, aiding in better time management and resource allocation within teams.
Things 3 vs Clickup: Features
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|Gmail, Zoom, Harvest Time Tracking, Unito, Slack, Make, PomoDone, TimeCamp, Time Doctor, LambdaTest, DueFocus, and Twilio
|No built-in calendar
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, Windows
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Labels, tags, recurring tasks, checklists, and task dependencies
|Natural Language Processing
|ClickUp integrates with scheduling tools like Google Calendar but does not have a native meeting scheduler.
|1:1 User Onboarding
|One Time Payment at $50
|Free Plan with basic features, Unlimited at $5/member/month, Business at $12, Business Plus at $19, and a custom-priced Enterprise Plan, each progressively offering more advanced features and functionalities
Things 3 vs Clickup: Pricing
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
ClickUp’s pricing plans include:
(i) Free Plan: Offers essential features for simple task management.
(ii) Unlimited Plan: $5 per member/month, billed annually, for unlimited tasks, integrations, and dashboards.
(iii) Business Plan: $12 per member/month, billed annually, includes advanced features for mid-sized teams.
(iv) Business Plus Plan: $19 per member/month, billed annually, ideal for multiple teams.
(v) Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing, offering advanced security and control for large organizations.
Things 3 vs Clickup: Reviews
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
ClickUp is recognized for its customization and flexibility, catering to both small and large teams. It offers a structured workspace with a variety of tools for project management, task management, and real-time collaboration. ClickUp is also appreciated for its dashboard overview and time tracking tools. However, ClickUp can be overwhelming for beginners due to its extensive features and options. Users would need some time to explore and fully utilize all the functionalities ClickUp offers. It’s best suited for teams that require comprehensive project management tools and are willing to invest time in learning the system.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Consider Clickup if
- You need a customizable tool: ClickUp is suitable for those who value customization in task management but be prepared for a steeper learning curve.
- You seek variety in task views: ClickUp’s multiple views like Board and Calendar are handy, yet they may initially overwhelm new users.
- You prefer integrating with other apps: While ClickUp offers numerous integrations, it might not be as extensive as some other tools, making it suitable for moderate integration needs.
Best Things 3 and Clickup Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- TickTick: TickTick is an all-in-one task management and reminder app, offering features like task organization, habit tracking, and calendar views. It’s designed for personal and work use, facilitating productivity with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform compatibility. TickTick also includes collaboration tools for team projects.
TickTick Price: $3 per month, paid annually
- Todoist: Todoist is a task management tool. It enables users to manage tasks, set priorities, and track deadlines across various devices. Its features include task categorization, reminders, and project collaboration, making it suitable for both personal and team productivity.
Todoist Price: Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.