What is Superlist
Superlist is a to-do list app designed for both individual and team use, currently in beta phase. It was developed by some of the creators of the successful Wunderlist app. Superlist offers features like task creation, notes, sub-tasks, list management with full text-formatting, and real-time collaboration. It integrates with popular apps like Microsoft To-Do, Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack, and Linear, among others. The app is available for iOS, Android, Web, and macOS, and offers a fast, user-friendly experience with a focus on productivity and simplicity.
Key Features of Superlist
- Task Creation and Management: Superlist provides a streamlined interface for creating and managing tasks. Users can easily add, modify, and organize tasks, making it a versatile tool for personal and professional task management.
- Note-taking and Sub-tasks: Alongside task management, Superlist allows users to add detailed notes and create sub-tasks. This feature is particularly useful for breaking down complex tasks into manageable parts and keeping all related information in one place.
- Full Text Formatting in Lists: Superlist stands out with its full text formatting capabilities within lists. This feature enhances readability and organization, allowing users to customize the appearance of their tasks and notes for better clarity.
- Real-time Collaboration: The app facilitates real-time collaboration, enabling teams to work together on tasks and projects seamlessly. This feature is vital for coordinating team efforts and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Integration with Other Apps: Superlist integrates with several popular applications, such as Microsoft To-Do, Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack, and Linear. This connectivity ensures a smooth workflow and allows users to sync their tasks across different platforms.
- Cross-platform Availability: The app is available across multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Web, and macOS. This wide availability ensures users can access and manage their tasks from any device, enhancing flexibility and accessibility.
What is Todoist
Todoist stands out in the productivity tool landscape with its straightforward yet powerful approach to task management. Renowned for its clean design and user-friendly interface, Todoist simplifies the process of managing daily tasks and long-term projects. It allows users to create, organize, and prioritize tasks with ease, making it an ideal choice for individuals and teams alike. With features like recurring tasks, reminders, and progress tracking, Todoist effectively helps users stay on top of their responsibilities.
Key Features of Todoist
- Task Management: Create, track, and complete tasks with Todoist. Set deadlines, priorities, and reminders for each task.
- Project Organization: Group your tasks into different projects like work, personal, or travel plans. Break them down into smaller subtasks and sections for better organization.
- Labels and Filters: Use labels to categorize your tasks. Filters help you find tasks quickly, like those due today or high-priority ones.
- Recurring Tasks: Set up tasks that repeat regularly, like daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Team Collaboration: Share projects with others, assign tasks, and work together within the app.
- Works Everywhere and Easy to Use: Use Todoist on web browsers, desktops (Windows, macOS), and mobile apps (iOS, Android). The interface is simple, making it easy to start using right away.
Superlist vs Todoist: Features
|Microsoft To Do, Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack, Linear, Apple
|IFTTT, Alexa, Google Calendar, Slack, Gmail, Zapier, Fantastical, Outlook, Chrome, Trello Power-Up
|No Calendar View
|Available on macOS, iOS, Android, and Web
|Android, iOS, iPad, macOS, Windows, Android Wear, and Apple Watch
|Task creation and management, subtasks, collaboration tools, cross-device functionality, and reminders
|Labels, Filters, Priority levels, Recurring tasks
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|Superlist offers a Free, Pro ($8/month), Free Team, and Pro Team ($10/member/month) plans
|Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Superlist vs Todoist: Pricing
Superlist offers the following pricing plans:
(i) Free Plan: This plan includes unlimited tasks, notes, reminders, private lists, and up to 5 shared lists with 5 people. It supports Gmail, Google Calendar, email forwarding, and imports from Microsoft To Do, along with email task summarization. The file storage limit is up to 10MB for uploads and 500MB in total.
(ii) Pro Plan: Priced at $8 per month, this plan includes everything in the Free plan, plus unlimited shared lists with up to 25 people, integrations with Slack, Github, Linear, Figma, unlimited AI features, and increased storage (500MB for uploads and 25GB total).
(iii) Free Team Plan: Aimed at smaller teams, this plan is free per member per month and includes everything in the Free plan, along with 15 shared lists between team members and a limit of up to 5 team members.
(iv) Pro Team Plan: At $10 per member per month, this plan includes everything in the Pro plan, with the addition of unlimited shared lists with team members and guests, no limit on the number of team members, and an upgrade for every team member to personal Pro.
(i) Free Version: Suitable for basic task management needs.
(ii) Pro Plan: Typically priced around $3 to $5 per month when billed annually.
(iii) Business Plan: Generally costs about $5 to $10 per user per month when billed annually.
Todoist offers a flexible pricing model catering to a range of users, from individuals to business teams. The free version is a major draw for users with basic requirements.
Superlist vs Todoist: Reviews
Superlist is highly appreciated for its ease of use, offering efficient task creation, management, and collaboration features. It integrates well with tools like Google Calendar and Slack, enhancing productivity. Available on multiple platforms, it’s ideal for both individual and team use. However, some users find the note-taking feature within lists a bit cumbersome as important notes can get lost in extensive lists. The task assignment process can also be tedious, especially for solo users who need to assign tasks to themselves repeatedly.
Todoist is acclaimed for its simple interface and cross-platform availability, featuring automatic data backup, productivity reports, and customizable tasks. It’s ideal for both teams and individuals, with integrations like Outlook and Google Calendar. However, managing sub-projects and sub-tasks can be challenging, and its template feature may lack intuitiveness. The Karma feature, aiming to gamify productivity, might instead lead to excessive app usage. These aspects could deter users with specific workflow needs, making Todoist a less suitable option for them.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Superlist if
- You Value Simplicity in Task Management: Superlist is a good choice if you prefer a straightforward, user-friendly interface for managing tasks and notes, without too many complex features.
- Collaboration Is Key for You: It’s suitable for teams who need real-time collaboration on projects and tasks, though it might not offer advanced project management features like some competitors.
- You Use Integrations Regularly: Superlist integrates with popular tools like Google Calendar and Slack, making it a practical option if these integrations align with your workflow needs. However, its integration options might be limited compared to more comprehensive tools.
Consider Todoist if
- You have Basic to Moderate Task Management Needs: If your task management needs are straightforward or moderate, Todoist’s features will likely suffice.
- You Are Looking for Flexibility in Pricing: Todoist offers a free version and reasonably priced Pro and Business plans, making it accessible for a range of budgets.
- You Need a User-Friendly and Simple Interface: If you prefer simplicity and ease of use, Todoist’s straightforward and intuitive interface might be more appealing.
Best Superlist and Todoist Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Things 3: Things by Cultured Code is a sleek task manager for Apple devices. It offers intuitive organization for personal tasks and projects, featuring to-do lists, schedules, and reminders, all within an elegant interface. This app is designed for seamless integration with Apple’s ecosystem.
Things 3 Price: One Time Payment at $50
- Motion: Motion uses AI to automatically plan your day, considering tasks, meetings, and personal time. Motion offers features like smart rescheduling and priority-based task management, aimed at enhancing efficiency and reducing stress. Motion Price: $19 per month, annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.