What is Superlist
Superlist is a to-do list app designed for both individual and team use, currently in beta phase. It was developed by some of the creators of the successful Wunderlist app. Superlist offers features like task creation, notes, sub-tasks, list management with full text-formatting, and real-time collaboration. It integrates with popular apps like Microsoft To-Do, Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack, and Linear, among others. The app is available for iOS, Android, Web, and macOS, and offers a fast, user-friendly experience with a focus on productivity and simplicity.
Key Features of Superlist
- Task Creation and Management: Superlist provides a streamlined interface for creating and managing tasks. Users can easily add, modify, and organize tasks, making it a versatile tool for personal and professional task management.
- Note-taking and Sub-tasks: Alongside task management, Superlist allows users to add detailed notes and create sub-tasks. This feature is particularly useful for breaking down complex tasks into manageable parts and keeping all related information in one place.
- Full Text Formatting in Lists: Superlist stands out with its full text formatting capabilities within lists. This feature enhances readability and organization, allowing users to customize the appearance of their tasks and notes for better clarity.
- Real-time Collaboration: The app facilitates real-time collaboration, enabling teams to work together on tasks and projects seamlessly. This feature is vital for coordinating team efforts and ensuring everyone is on the same page.
- Integration with Other Apps: Superlist integrates with several popular applications, such as Microsoft To-Do, Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack, and Linear. This connectivity ensures a smooth workflow and allows users to sync their tasks across different platforms.
- Cross-platform Availability: The app is available across multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Web, and macOS. This wide availability ensures users can access and manage their tasks from any device, enhancing flexibility and accessibility.
What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
Superlist vs Things 3: Features
|Microsoft To Do, Google Calendar, Gmail, Slack, Linear, Apple
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|No built-in calendar
|Available on macOS, iOS, Android, and Web
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|Task creation and management, subtasks, collaboration tools, cross-device functionality, and reminders
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|Superlist offers a Free, Pro ($8/month), Free Team, and Pro Team ($10/member/month) plans
|One Time Payment at $50
Superlist vs Things 3: Pricing
Superlist offers the following pricing plans:
(i) Free Plan: This plan includes unlimited tasks, notes, reminders, private lists, and up to 5 shared lists with 5 people. It supports Gmail, Google Calendar, email forwarding, and imports from Microsoft To Do, along with email task summarization. The file storage limit is up to 10MB for uploads and 500MB in total.
(ii) Pro Plan: Priced at $8 per month, this plan includes everything in the Free plan, plus unlimited shared lists with up to 25 people, integrations with Slack, Github, Linear, Figma, unlimited AI features, and increased storage (500MB for uploads and 25GB total).
(iii) Free Team Plan: Aimed at smaller teams, this plan is free per member per month and includes everything in the Free plan, along with 15 shared lists between team members and a limit of up to 5 team members.
(iv) Pro Team Plan: At $10 per member per month, this plan includes everything in the Pro plan, with the addition of unlimited shared lists with team members and guests, no limit on the number of team members, and an upgrade for every team member to personal Pro.
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
Superlist vs Things 3: Reviews
Superlist is highly appreciated for its ease of use, offering efficient task creation, management, and collaboration features. It integrates well with tools like Google Calendar and Slack, enhancing productivity. Available on multiple platforms, it’s ideal for both individual and team use. However, some users find the note-taking feature within lists a bit cumbersome as important notes can get lost in extensive lists. The task assignment process can also be tedious, especially for solo users who need to assign tasks to themselves repeatedly.
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Superlist if
- You Value Simplicity in Task Management: Superlist is a good choice if you prefer a straightforward, user-friendly interface for managing tasks and notes, without too many complex features.
- Collaboration Is Key for You: It’s suitable for teams who need real-time collaboration on projects and tasks, though it might not offer advanced project management features like some competitors.
- You Use Integrations Regularly: Superlist integrates with popular tools like Google Calendar and Slack, making it a practical option if these integrations align with your workflow needs. However, its integration options might be limited compared to more comprehensive tools.
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Best Superlist and Things 3 Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Things 3: Things by Cultured Code is a sleek task manager for Apple devices. It offers intuitive organization for personal tasks and projects, featuring to-do lists, schedules, and reminders, all within an elegant interface. This app is designed for seamless integration with Apple’s ecosystem.
Things 3 Price: One Time Payment at $50
- Motion: Motion uses AI to automatically plan your day, considering tasks, meetings, and personal time. Motion offers features like smart rescheduling and priority-based task management, aimed at enhancing efficiency and reducing stress. Motion Price: $19 per month, annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.