What is Sorted 3
Sorted 3 is a task management application known for its efficient scheduling and time management capabilities. It allows users to organize tasks and sub-tasks, set reminders, and categorize them for better management. A notable feature is its time-blocking technique, which lets users allocate specific time slots for tasks, aiding in daily planning. The app also prioritizes tasks based on urgency and importance. While Sorted 3 excels in task organization and planning, it may not offer the depth required for more complex project management. It’s available on iOS and macOS, with pricing for extra features.
Key Features of Sorted 3
- Auto-Schedule: Automatically schedules tasks based on priorities and deadlines, helping users manage their time efficiently.
- Time Blocking: Allows for allocating specific time slots to tasks, aiding in maintaining focus and productivity.
- Hyper Scheduling: Combines calendar events and tasks in one view, offering a comprehensive overview of the day’s agenda.
- Task Management: Includes features for organizing tasks, setting reminders, and creating sub-tasks, making it versatile for various needs.
- Magic Select: Facilitates easy selection and manipulation of multiple tasks at once, enhancing user experience in task management.
- Customizable Views: Offers different views like list, day, and 3-day views, catering to personal preferences in organizing and viewing tasks.
What is Asana
Asana stands out as a versatile project management tool, ideal for various team sizes. Its user-friendly interface, coupled with diverse features like task management, project visualization (including Kanban and Gantt charts), and robust team collaboration tools, makes it a top choice. Additionally, Asana’s integration capabilities with other apps enhance workflow efficiency. Offering a range of pricing plans, including a free version for smaller teams, Asana caters to a broad spectrum of organizational needs. It’s particularly recommended for its ease of use, extensive integrations, and comprehensive project management features.
Key Features of Asana
- Task Management: Asana excels in task management, allowing users to create, assign, and track tasks efficiently. This feature ensures that team members are always aware of their responsibilities and deadlines, promoting productivity and accountability.
- Project Visualization: With options like Kanban boards and Gantt charts, Asana offers versatile visualization tools. These features aid in understanding the project flow and milestones, making it easier to manage timelines and resources.
- Team Collaboration: Asana fosters seamless team collaboration. It allows for easy communication within tasks, sharing of files, and updating progress, thus keeping everyone on the same page and enhancing teamwork.
- Integration Capabilities: The platform integrates with a wide range of other applications and tools, streamlining workflows and automating processes. This integration makes it a flexible tool that can adapt to various business ecosystems.
- Customization and Reporting: Asana offers extensive customization options, including custom fields and reporting features. These allow teams to tailor their project management experience and generate insightful reports for better decision-making.
- User-Friendly Interface: The intuitive interface of Asana is designed for ease of use, making it accessible for teams regardless of their technical expertise. This simplicity ensures a smooth onboarding process and enhances overall user experience.
Sorted 3 vs Asana: Features
|Google Drive, Slack, Zoho Cliq, Zapier, Jira, Zoom, Toggl Track, Loom, Harvest, Gmail
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, and Windows
|Auto-scheduling, time blocking, task prioritization
|Task creation and assignment, due date setting, progress tracking, project organization, tagging, comments, file attachments, task conversations
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|Asana offers customer success services including tailored training and consultation, which might include onboarding calls for new users, especially in enterprise plans
|$15: iOS, and $25: MacOS
|Asana offers three plans: the free Personal plan for basic needs, the Starter plan at $11.59 for expanded features like timeline view, and the Advanced plan at $25.69 for comprehensive project management tools including time tracking and advanced customization.
Sorted 3 vs Asana: Pricing
Sorted 3 Pricing
Sorted 3 offers two pricing tiers:
(i) Free Version: Provides access to core features of the app.
(ii) Pro Version: Available for iOS at $14.99 and for macOS at $24.99
Asana offers three main pricing tiers:
(i) Personal: This is a free plan, suitable for small teams or individuals. It includes basic project and task management features and supports collaboration with up to 10 team members. Users have access to unlimited tasks, projects, messages, and file storage.
(ii) Starter: Priced at $11.59 per user per month, this plan builds on the Personal plan. It allows collaboration with up to 500 teammates and introduces additional features like timeline and Gantt chart views, along with the ability to use forms and automation.
(iii) Advanced: At $25.69 per user per month, the Advanced plan includes all features from the lower tiers and adds functionalities such as goals, time tracking, proofing, approvals, and more advanced customization options.
Each tier offers a range of features to accommodate different needs, from individual use to more complex team collaboration and project management requirements.
Sorted 3 vs Asana: Reviews
Sorted 3 Review
Sorted 3 is a task management app that excels in auto-scheduling, time-blocking, and prioritizing tasks, making it efficient for daily planning. It integrates tasks, calendar events, and notes into a unified timeline, which is helpful for managing a busy schedule. However, it may fall short for users looking for more advanced project management features or those who prefer extensive integrations with third-party apps. Available on iOS and macOS, Sorted 3’s interface is user-friendly but might not cater to all user preferences in terms of customization.
Asana, a popular project management tool, is praised for its intuitive interface and robust feature set, making it an excellent choice for teams of all sizes. Key strengths include versatile project views, effective task and assignment management, and smooth team collaboration. Users benefit from a variety of project views like Kanban Board, Timeline, and Gantt, alongside templates for quick project setup. Asana’s progress tracking and integration with various tools like Google Suite and Microsoft 365 further enhance its utility. However, the tool’s complexity might be overwhelming for beginners, and the cost of the Advanced package may be a concern for smaller teams or individual users.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Sorted 3 if
- You Need Basic Task Management: If you’re looking for a simple tool to manage daily tasks with features like auto-scheduling and time-blocking, Sorted 3 could be suitable. However, it may not be ideal for complex project management.
- You Prefer an Integrated Calendar View: Sorted 3 is good for those who want to view tasks and calendar events together, though its calendar functionalities are basic compared to specialized calendar apps.
- You Use iOS or macOS: Sorted 3 works well for Apple device users, offering synchronization between iOS and macOS, but lacks support for other platforms like Android or Windows.
Consider Asana if
- You’re Managing Diverse Projects: Asana is suitable for various project types, offering flexibility with multiple view options like Kanban and Gantt charts. However, it might take time to master all the features.
- You Value Integration: Asana’s integration with many tools (like Google Suite, Microsoft 365) enhances its utility. But, be mindful that depending on external apps could complicate workflows.
- You Prioritize Team Collaboration: Asana is strong in team collaboration features, making it easy to track responsibilities and updates. Still, for very small teams or individual use, the platform might offer more than needed.
Best Sorted 3 and Asana Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Apple Reminders: Apple Reminders is a free task management app integrated into the Apple ecosystem, offering features like location-based reminders, list sharing, and Siri integration for iOS and macOS users. It’s known for its simplicity and ease of use.
Apple Reminders Price: Free
- Fantastical: Fantastical is a versatile calendar app designed for Apple devices. It integrates advanced features like natural language parsing, reminders, and weather forecasts. Known for its user-friendly interface, it allows easy scheduling and management of events and tasks.
Fantastical Price: $4.75 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.