What is Routine
Routine is a productivity tool that sets itself apart with its all-in-one approach, combining elements of task management, note-taking, and calendar integration into a single platform. Designed to cater to the needs of busy professionals and individuals seeking to streamline their organizational process, Routine offers a comprehensive solution for managing daily tasks, appointments, and notes. Its unique selling point is the integration of these features within an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easier for users to track their to-dos, schedule their days, and store important information in one place. This level of integration is particularly useful for those who prefer a unified system to manage various aspects of their work and personal life.
Key Features of Routine
- Timeline Agenda: Offers a detailed view of the day’s plan with timestamps, including meeting and event reminders, with options to time-block tasks.
- Week Calendar: Provides a 5-day, week, and month view for task planning, integrating seamlessly with Google Calendar.
- Console Capture: A desktop feature for capturing events, notes, and tasks outside the application, ideal for GTD enthusiasts.
- Centralized Workspace: Combines tasks, notes, and calendar in one space.
- Organization: Utilizes categories and tags for better event and task management.
- Daily Plan: Helps in crafting focused daily tasks and important events.
What is Amie
Amie is a modern calendar app designed to blend calendar functionality with task management. It integrates task lists and subtasks into a well-designed calendar application, offering a variety of integrations with popular productivity apps like Todoist, Notion, and Linear. Amie aims to centralize all tasks into one view for easy scheduling and time management. Additionally, it includes features for booking meetings and integrations with Spotify and Apple Health. While focused on Google Calendar integration, it plans to expand to others like Apple Calendar. The app is known for its fluid and fast performance on both mobile and desktop platforms.
Key Features of Amie
- Calendar and Task Integration: Amie combines a traditional calendar with task management, allowing users to view their schedule and tasks in one unified interface.
- Integration with Popular Productivity Apps: The app integrates with tools like Todoist, Notion, and Linear, enabling users to centralize their workflow.
- Subtasks and Detailed Task Management: Users can break down tasks into subtasks, offering detailed organization and tracking capabilities.
- Meeting Booking Feature: Amie simplifies the process of scheduling meetings, integrating this function directly into the calendar interface.
- Integrations with Spotify and Apple Health: These unique integrations bring an additional layer of personalization, allowing users to connect their daily routines with music and health data.
- Performance Across Platforms: Known for its fluid and fast performance, Amie works seamlessly on both mobile and desktop platforms, ensuring a consistent user experience.
Routine vs Amie: Features
|Syncs with multiple calendar services and task managers like Todoist and Google Tasks.
|Apple Health, Spotify, Linear, Things, Todoist, Notion, Zoom, Things 3, and TickTick
|Google Calendar, Notion, Slack, Zapier, Siri, Gmail
|macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Web
|macOS, iOS, and Web
|Organizing tasks, subtasks, setting reminders, and scheduling tasks using natural language
|Natural Language Processing
|Offers task creation with date assignment via drag-and-drop
|1:1 User Onboarding
|$12 per month, annually
|$12.50/month (billed annually) or $15/month with no annual commitment, five-year plan at $500 for long-term savings
Routine vs Amie: Pricing
(i) Free Version: Available for students and hobbyists, though with limited features.
(ii) Professional Plan: Priced at $12 per month.
(iii) Business Plan: Costs $15 per user per month.
(iv) Believer Plan: Priced at $10 monthly or $8 per month for an annual commitment, totaling around $96 annually
Amie Calendar offers several pricing options for its Amie Pro subscription:
(i) Monthly Billing (Annual Commitment): The cost is $12.50 per month, billed annually. This means you will be billed a total of $150 for the year.
(ii) Monthly Billing (No Annual Commitment): If you prefer not to commit annually, the cost is $15 per month, billed monthly.
(iii) Five-Year Plan: For a long-term commitment, there is a five-year plan available at $500, which offers a significant saving over the monthly options.
Routine vs Amie: Reviews
Routine stands out for its exceptional design, skillfully combining elements of daily planning, note-taking, and journaling into a user-friendly interface. The application’s free version is especially popular among students and individuals using it for personal or hobbyist projects, making it a preferred choice in these communities. Additionally, Routine’s smart planning and scheduling capabilities are highly valued by users who favor an automated, intelligent approach to organizing their tasks and appointments. However, a significant limitation of Routine, particularly in its free version, is the constrained number of integrations it offers. This restriction is frequently mentioned by users as a downside, as it may limit the app’s effectiveness in more integrated digital workflows.
Amie is appreciated for its clean, user-friendly interface and effective integration of calendar and task management. It stands out for its seamless synchronization across devices and easy collaboration features. However, some users may find it lacks advanced customization options found in other productivity tools. Additionally, the cost of the premium version might be a consideration for budget-conscious users.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Routine if
- You Want a Balance Between Calendar and Task Management: Routine offers a mix of these features, but it might not be as comprehensive as some specialized apps in either category.
- You Like Quick Task and Note Capturing: The app has convenient features for this, though it’s not a full-fledged note-taking application
- You’re Looking for a Personal Planner: Routine is more suited to personal use and less technical users, but it might not meet all the needs of power users or large teams.
Consider Amie if
- You Value Integrated Calendars and Tasks: Amie is a good choice if you’re looking for a tool that combines calendar and task management in a straightforward manner, though it may lack some advanced features.
- Ease of Use is Important: If you prefer a user-friendly interface with minimal learning curve, Amie is suitable, but note that it might not offer the depth of customization some users require.
- You Need Basic Collaboration Tools: Amie works well for basic team collaboration, but may not suffice for more complex team-based project management needs.
Best Routine and Amie Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Reclaim: Reclaim.ai is a smart calendar assistant that automates scheduling for work and personal life. It intelligently blocks time for tasks, meetings, and personal events, ensuring a balanced schedule. The app syncs with existing calendars making it ideal for professionals looking to optimize their time.
Reclaim Price: $8 per month, paid annually
- Motion: Motion uses AI to automatically plan your day, considering tasks, meetings, and personal time. Motion offers features like smart rescheduling and priority-based task management, aimed at enhancing efficiency and reducing stress.
Motion Price: $19 per month, annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.