What is Notion Calendar
The Notion Calendar, previously known as Cron Calendar, is a calendar application designed for managing meetings and events. It integrates closely with Notion documents, allowing users to connect their Google calendars, schedule meetings, manage events, and collaborate on upcoming events. It supports video conferencing links for platforms like Zoom and Google Meet, offers color coding for time blocking, and has deep integrations with Notion databases.
Key Features of Notion Calendar
- Google Calendar Integration: This feature allows users to seamlessly connect their Google Calendar with Notion, enabling efficient management of events and meetings within a unified interface. It simplifies scheduling and updating events across platforms.
- Meeting Booking Functionality: Notion Calendar offers a user-friendly interface for scheduling meetings. This includes options for setting up recurring meetings, sending invitations, and managing RSVPs, streamlining the meeting planning process.
- Notion Page Connectivity: Users can link calendar events to specific Notion pages, facilitating better organization and access to related notes, tasks, or documents associated with an event. This integration enhances productivity and project management.
- Video Conferencing Integration: The calendar supports adding video conferencing links from popular platforms like Zoom and Google Meet directly into event details. This feature is particularly useful for remote teams and virtual meetings, offering convenience and efficiency.
- Color Coding and Time Blocking: Notion Calendar allows users to color code their events for better visual organization. The time blocking feature helps in allocating specific time slots for tasks, aiding in time management and daily planning.
- Cross-Platform Availability: It is accessible on various platforms including iOS, Windows, Mac, and the web. This cross-platform availability ensures users can manage their calendars and stay organized regardless of the device they are using.
What is Sunsama
Sunsama is a distinctive task and calendar management tool that stands out for its holistic approach to planning and productivity. Designed for professionals and teams, it combines the elements of a daily planner, task manager, and calendar into one integrated platform. Sunsama’s unique feature is its ability to help users plan their day by dragging tasks into a daily schedule, encouraging a more mindful and intentional approach to work. This integration of tasks with calendar events allows for a clear visualization of the day ahead, fostering better time management and focus. Sunsama’s emphasis on daily planning and reflection makes it particularly appealing for those who seek a more structured and balanced approach to their professional life.
Key Features of Sunsama
- Task Dashboard: Consolidates tasks from various apps like ClickUp, Notion, and Gmail into one view, reducing the need to switch contexts frequently.
- Guided Planning & Hand Holding: This feature assists in planning by helping refine tasks, align them with weekly objectives, and prevent overloading of the to-do list.
- Focus Mode & Meeting Notes: Offers a clean design and functionality for focused work, including a timer and space for making notes during meetings.
- Integration with Multiple Tools: Sunsama can connect with tools like Todoist, Trello, Asana, ClickUp, Notion, Jira, GitHub, Gmail, Outlook, and Slack.
- Efficient Task Management: The app allows effective management of tasks with features like time-blocking and linking back to the original task for completion tracking.
- User-Friendly Interface: The app’s design emphasizes ease of use and minimalism, contributing to a more mindful and focused task management experience.
Notion Calendar vs Sunsama: Features
|Notion, Zoom, Google Calendar
|Includes Zoom, Notion, Jira, ClickUp, Trello, Asana, Todoist, Outlook, Gmail, Github, and Slack.
|Offers various calendar views including day, three days, weekdays, week, and month views.
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, Windows
|Available as a desktop app, mobile app (iOS and Android), and web app.
|Features task types like normal daily tasks, objectives, and a backlog. Offers detailed task options such as notes, start and due dates, recurring tasks, and more.
|Natural Language Processing
|Provides weekly workload analytics based on completed tasks.
|1:1 User Onboarding
|$16 per month, annually.
Notion Calendar vs Sunsama: Pricing
Notion Calendar Pricing
Notion Calendar is free to use for Notion users
Sunsama offers two main pricing plans. They have a yearly subscription priced at $16 per month, billed annually, and a monthly subscription priced at $20 per month. Additionally, they offer a 14-day free trial without requiring a credit card.
Notion Calendar vs Sunsama: Reviews
Notion Calendar Review
The Notion Calendar, previously known as Cron Calendar, is appreciated for its seamless integration with Google Calendar and its ability to manage events alongside Notion project timelines. It’s praised for its intuitive scheduling features, support for different time zones, and a modern, clean design. However, some users might find limitations in advanced features like detailed task analytics or the lack of more diverse integrations beyond Google services. It’s suitable for both personal and professional use but might require additional tools for more complex task management needs.
Sunsama is a task management and daily planner tool that focuses on integrating tasks from various applications into a single dashboard. Its standout features include a user-friendly interface, guided planning, and focus mode for enhanced productivity. However, it may not be suitable for those who require more advanced project management features or extensive customization options. Additionally, the pricing might be a bit steep for individual users or small teams.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Notion Calendar if
- You Value Google Calendar Integration: If syncing with Google Calendar is central to your workflow, Notion Calendar’s integration can streamline your scheduling process, although it may lack variety in other third-party integrations.
- You Utilize Notion for Project Management: The calendar is beneficial for those already using Notion for project management, but it might not offer the depth required for more complex task management outside the Notion ecosystem.
- You Prefer a Clean, Minimalist Design: Its straightforward and clean design is ideal for users seeking simplicity, but it may not satisfy those needing more intricate or customizable scheduling features.
Consider Sunsama if
- You Need Integration with Existing Tools: Sunsama could be right for you if you rely on various apps for task management and seek a tool that consolidates them in one place.
- Focused Daily Planning Appeals to You: If you prefer a guided approach to daily planning, Sunsama’s features can help, although it might not be ideal for those needing in-depth project management tools.
- Minimalist Interface is Your Preference: Sunsama’s user-friendly and clean design is great for focused work, but it may not suit those looking for extensive customization options.
Best Notion Calendar and Sunsama Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Motion: Motion uses AI to automatically plan your day, considering tasks, meetings, and personal time. Motion offers features like smart rescheduling and priority-based task management, aimed at enhancing efficiency and reducing stress.
Motion Price: $19 per month, annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.