What is Notion Calendar
The Notion Calendar, previously known as Cron Calendar, is a calendar application designed for managing meetings and events. It integrates closely with Notion documents, allowing users to connect their Google calendars, schedule meetings, manage events, and collaborate on upcoming events. It supports video conferencing links for platforms like Zoom and Google Meet, offers color coding for time blocking, and has deep integrations with Notion databases.
Key Features of Notion Calendar
- Google Calendar Integration: This feature allows users to seamlessly connect their Google Calendar with Notion, enabling efficient management of events and meetings within a unified interface. It simplifies scheduling and updating events across platforms.
- Meeting Booking Functionality: Notion Calendar offers a user-friendly interface for scheduling meetings. This includes options for setting up recurring meetings, sending invitations, and managing RSVPs, streamlining the meeting planning process.
- Notion Page Connectivity: Users can link calendar events to specific Notion pages, facilitating better organization and access to related notes, tasks, or documents associated with an event. This integration enhances productivity and project management.
- Video Conferencing Integration: The calendar supports adding video conferencing links from popular platforms like Zoom and Google Meet directly into event details. This feature is particularly useful for remote teams and virtual meetings, offering convenience and efficiency.
- Color Coding and Time Blocking: Notion Calendar allows users to color code their events for better visual organization. The time blocking feature helps in allocating specific time slots for tasks, aiding in time management and daily planning.
- Cross-Platform Availability: It is accessible on various platforms including iOS, Windows, Mac, and the web. This cross-platform availability ensures users can manage their calendars and stay organized regardless of the device they are using.
What is Routine
Routine is a productivity tool that sets itself apart with its all-in-one approach, combining elements of task management, note-taking, and calendar integration into a single platform. Designed to cater to the needs of busy professionals and individuals seeking to streamline their organizational process, Routine offers a comprehensive solution for managing daily tasks, appointments, and notes. Its unique selling point is the integration of these features within an intuitive and user-friendly interface, making it easier for users to track their to-dos, schedule their days, and store important information in one place. This level of integration is particularly useful for those who prefer a unified system to manage various aspects of their work and personal life.
Key Features of Routine
- Timeline Agenda: Offers a detailed view of the day’s plan with timestamps, including meeting and event reminders, with options to time-block tasks.
- Week Calendar: Provides a 5-day, week, and month view for task planning, integrating seamlessly with Google Calendar.
- Console Capture: A desktop feature for capturing events, notes, and tasks outside the application, ideal for GTD enthusiasts.
- Centralized Workspace: Combines tasks, notes, and calendar in one space.
- Organization: Utilizes categories and tags for better event and task management.
- Daily Plan: Helps in crafting focused daily tasks and important events.
Notion Calendar vs Routine: Features
|Notion, Zoom, Google Calendar
|Syncs with multiple calendar services and task managers like Todoist and Google Tasks.
|Google Calendar, Notion, Slack, Zapier, Siri, Gmail
|macOS, iOS, Android, Web, Windows
|macOS, Windows, iOS, Android, Web
|Natural Language Processing
|Offers task creation with date assignment via drag-and-drop
|1:1 User Onboarding
|$12 per month, annually
Notion Calendar vs Routine: Pricing
Notion Calendar Pricing
Notion Calendar is free to use for Notion users
(i) Free Version: Available for students and hobbyists, though with limited features.
(ii) Professional Plan: Priced at $12 per month.
(iii) Business Plan: Costs $15 per user per month.
(iv) Believer Plan: Priced at $10 monthly or $8 per month for an annual commitment, totaling around $96 annually
Notion Calendar vs Routine: Reviews
Notion Calendar Review
The Notion Calendar, previously known as Cron Calendar, is appreciated for its seamless integration with Google Calendar and its ability to manage events alongside Notion project timelines. It’s praised for its intuitive scheduling features, support for different time zones, and a modern, clean design. However, some users might find limitations in advanced features like detailed task analytics or the lack of more diverse integrations beyond Google services. It’s suitable for both personal and professional use but might require additional tools for more complex task management needs.
Routine stands out for its exceptional design, skillfully combining elements of daily planning, note-taking, and journaling into a user-friendly interface. The application’s free version is especially popular among students and individuals using it for personal or hobbyist projects, making it a preferred choice in these communities. Additionally, Routine’s smart planning and scheduling capabilities are highly valued by users who favor an automated, intelligent approach to organizing their tasks and appointments. However, a significant limitation of Routine, particularly in its free version, is the constrained number of integrations it offers. This restriction is frequently mentioned by users as a downside, as it may limit the app’s effectiveness in more integrated digital workflows.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Notion Calendar if
- You Value Google Calendar Integration: If syncing with Google Calendar is central to your workflow, Notion Calendar’s integration can streamline your scheduling process, although it may lack variety in other third-party integrations.
- You Utilize Notion for Project Management: The calendar is beneficial for those already using Notion for project management, but it might not offer the depth required for more complex task management outside the Notion ecosystem.
- You Prefer a Clean, Minimalist Design: Its straightforward and clean design is ideal for users seeking simplicity, but it may not satisfy those needing more intricate or customizable scheduling features.
Consider Routine if
- You Want a Balance Between Calendar and Task Management: Routine offers a mix of these features, but it might not be as comprehensive as some specialized apps in either category.
- You Like Quick Task and Note Capturing: The app has convenient features for this, though it’s not a full-fledged note-taking application
- You’re Looking for a Personal Planner: Routine is more suited to personal use and less technical users, but it might not meet all the needs of power users or large teams.
Best Notion Calendar and Routine Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Motion: Motion uses AI to automatically plan your day, considering tasks, meetings, and personal time. Motion offers features like smart rescheduling and priority-based task management, aimed at enhancing efficiency and reducing stress.
Motion Price: $19 per month, annually
- Sunsama: Sunsama is a daily planner that helps professionals stay focused & productive by combining tasks, calendars, & emails. It offers features like guided planning, timeboxing, & automatic syncing.
Sunsama Price: $16 per month, annually.
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.