What is Motion
Motion is a productivity tool that stands out for its innovative approach to task and time management. It’s designed to help users not just organize their tasks but also optimize their schedules in real time. Motion employs artificial intelligence to automatically plan your day, taking into account your tasks, meetings, and even preferred working hours. This level of automation and personalization sets Motion apart from traditional task managers. It’s particularly effective for professionals and teams who deal with dynamic schedules and seek to maximize their productivity without the overhead of manual planning.
Key Features of Motion
- Auto-Scheduling with AI: Motion uses AI to automatically reorganize and prioritize tasks based on various parameters such as deadlines, duration, and importance, providing an experience akin to having a personal assistant.
- Project Management Capabilities: While not as extensive as dedicated project management tools, Motion offers effective task organization in a planner-like style. It features Kanban layouts, status, workspace, label, and project categorization.
- Meeting Scheduler with AI: Motion includes a feature for booking meetings, which can be linked externally. This function allows for one-time or recurring booking links, with customizable preferences such as importance, duration, and buffer time.
- Comprehensive Task Management: The app integrates tasks, projects, notes, and team management in one place, with AI assisting in the optimal scheduling and organization of these elements.
- Enhanced Calendar Management: Motion’s calendar function is enriched with AI, which automatically rearranges events and meetings to optimize the user’s schedule.
- AI-Powered Workflow Customization: The AI within Motion continuously learns from the user’s behavior and preferences to adapt and optimize task scheduling and management.
What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
Motion vs Things 3: Features
|Google Calendar, Zoom, Zapier, and Microsoft Teams, Gmail,Outlook
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|Features an intelligent calendar that integrates with existing calendars
|No built-in calendar
|Available on multiple platforms, including mobile and desktop
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|Includes AI-driven task prioritization and dynamic scheduling adjustments
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Natural Language Processing
|1:1 User Onboarding
|$19 per month, annually.
|One Time Payment at $50
Motion vs Things 3: Pricing
Motion offers two pricing plans:
(i) Individual Plan: $14 per month when billed annually, or $34 billed monthly
(ii) Team Plan: $12 per user per month when billed annually, or $20 billed monthly
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
Motion vs Things 3: Reviews
Motion is a comprehensive task management tool with AI-driven scheduling features. It excels in automating and prioritizing tasks, but it might not be ideal for those who prefer less manual task input, as it requires detailed information for effective task prioritization. While it offers project management capabilities, these may not be sufficient for larger teams or those needing a wide range of view options. The interface can be complex due to its numerous features, and its price point is also higher compared to some competitors, which could be a consideration for users with budget constraints.
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Motion if
- You’re Interested in AI-Assisted Scheduling: Motion’s AI auto-scheduling can be helpful, but it might be overwhelming for those new to such technology or who prefer more control.
- You Need Basic Project Management Tools: While Motion offers some project management capabilities, it may not be comprehensive enough for complex project needs.
- You Want Integrated Meeting Scheduling: Its meeting scheduling feature is convenient, but might not offer the flexibility of dedicated scheduling tools.
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Best Motion and Things 3 Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
- Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Reclaim: Reclaim.ai is a smart calendar assistant that automates scheduling for work and personal life. It intelligently blocks time for tasks, meetings, and personal events, ensuring a balanced schedule. The app syncs with existing calendars making it ideal for professionals looking to optimize their time.
- Reclaim Price: $8 per month, paid annually
- Sunsama: Sunsama is a daily planner that helps professionals stay focused & productive by combining tasks, calendars, & emails. It offers features like guided planning, timeboxing, & automatic syncing.
- Sunsama Price: $16 per month, annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.