What is Apple Reminders
Apple Reminders is a to-do and task management app built into iOS devices, known for its simplicity and ease of use. It allows users to create task lists, set reminders, and share lists with other iOS users. Key features include location-based reminders and widgets for home screen organization. While it’s a straightforward and clean app, it’s primarily suited for personal use and may lack advanced features required for more complex task management.
Key Features of Apple Reminders
- Simple Interface: Apple Reminders offers a clean and intuitive interface, making it easy for users to create and manage tasks.
- Location-based Reminders: Users can set reminders that are triggered by their location, such as reminding to buy something when near a specific store.
- Integration with Siri: The app integrates seamlessly with Siri, allowing users to create reminders through voice commands.
- Shared Lists: It allows sharing of lists with other Apple users, facilitating collaborative task management.
- Customizable Lists: Users can customize lists with different colors and icons for easy identification and organization.
- Attachments and Links: The app supports adding attachments like photos and links to reminders, enhancing the detail and utility of tasks.
What is Things 3
Things 3, a distinguished entrant in the productivity tools arena, is acclaimed for its elegant design and powerful organizational capabilities. It’s a task management app that combines simplicity with a rich set of features, making it a favorite among users who appreciate both aesthetics and functionality. With its intuitive interface, Things 3 allows for effortless management of to-dos, reminders, and projects, all within a visually pleasing environment. The tool stands out for its unique task categorization approach and seamless synchronization across devices, ensuring users can stay organized wherever they go.
Key Features of Things 3
- Task Management: Organize your tasks easily with deadlines, priorities, and reminders.
- Project Organization: Group tasks into projects with subtasks and sections for better management.
- Calendar Integration: See your calendar events alongside your to-dos for effective planning.
- Quick Task Entry: Add tasks quickly while working in other apps, even using Siri for hands-free entry.
- Customizable Tags: Use tags for easy categorization and searching of tasks.
- Cross-Device Syncing: Keep your tasks updated across all your Apple devices with Things Cloud.
Apple Reminders vs Things 3: Features
|IFTTT, Shortcuts App, Any.do, BusyCal, Fantastical, and Agenda
|Zapier, including Slack, Gmail, Trello, Notion, Google Calendar, and Google Tasks
|No built-in calendar
|Apple Reminders is available for macOS and iOS. It does not have native apps for Android, Web, or Windows.
|Available only on iOS platforms (iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac).
|Labels, priority settings, due dates, location-based reminders
|Offers labels, tags, and recurring tasks
|Natural Language Processing
|Yes, Apple Reminders supports different Time Zones.
|1:1 User Onboarding
|One Time Payment at $50
Apple Reminders vs Things 3: Pricing
Apple Reminders Pricing
Apple Reminders is a free application provided as part of Apple’s suite of apps on iOS and macOS devices. It does not have separate pricing plans. Users can access and use Apple Reminders without any additional cost.
Things 3 Pricing
Things 3 requires purchasing separate applications for different Apple devices: $49.99 for macOS, $9.99 for iPhone and Apple Watch, and $19.99 for iPad, totaling around $80 for the full suite.
Apple Reminders vs Things 3: Reviews
Apple Reminders Review
Apple Reminders is praised for its simplicity, seamless integration with iOS and macOS, and features like location-based reminders. However, it falls short in more complex task management functionalities and lacks the customization and advanced features found in other dedicated task management apps. It is ideal for Apple ecosystem users looking for basic task management, but may not suffice for users with more intricate project management needs.
Things 3 Review
Things 3 is acclaimed for its visually appealing design and efficient personal project management tools, appealing to GTD enthusiasts with features like task filtering via tags. However, its high upfront cost for Apple devices and uncertainty about shifting to a subscription model are downsides. Despite its excellent design and one-time purchase model, the lack of collaboration tools, absence of location-based reminders, and incompatibility with non-Apple products are notable limitations. These factors could be crucial in determining whether Things 3 is the right task management tool for individual needs.
Which One Should You Pick
Consider Apple Reminders if
- You Value Simplicity: Ideal for those who want a straightforward, easy-to-use task manager without complex features.
- Deep Integration with Apple Ecosystem: Perfect for users who are heavily invested in Apple products and enjoy seamless integration with iOS and macOS.
- Basic Task Management Needs: If your task management requirements are basic, without the need for advanced features like detailed project tracking or extensive customizations, Apple Reminders could be sufficient.
Consider Things 3 if
- You Appreciate Minimalism in Design: Things 3 might be suitable if you prefer a simple interface, though some users might find it too basic for complex task management.
- You Need Basic Task Organization: It’s good for straightforward task organization but lacks advanced features like detailed time tracking or extensive integrations.
- You Prefer a Non-Overwhelming Approach: Things 3 is a fit if you need a task manager that’s not too complex, though it may not satisfy those needing extensive productivity tools.
Best Apple Reminders and Things 3 Alternatives
- Akiflow: Akiflow is a time management app offering time blocking, task scheduling, and integrations with various tools. It focuses on productivity and organization through a unified task and appointment interface.
Akiflow Price: $19 per month, paid annually
- Fantastical: Fantastical is a versatile calendar app designed for Apple devices. It integrates advanced features like natural language parsing, reminders, and weather forecasts. Known for its user-friendly interface, it allows easy scheduling and management of events and tasks.
Fantastical Price: $4.75 per month, paid annually
- Todoist: Todoist is a task management tool. It enables users to manage tasks, set priorities, and track deadlines across various devices. Its features include task categorization, reminders, and project collaboration, making it suitable for both personal and team productivity. Todoist Price: Premium at $4 per month, paid annually
Akiflow vs Google Calendar: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Google Calendar in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Timestripe: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Timestripe in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.
Akiflow vs Actions by Moleskine: Comprehensive 2024 Comparison
Compare Akiflow and Actions by Moleskine in this detailed analysis, highlighting their unique features and usability. This comparison provides a concise overview of each app’s strengths and limitations, helping you decide which tool better suits your productivity needs.